Zonta Club of Washington, D.C. holds installation ceremony
On 1 May, the Zonta Club of Washington, D.C., USA, held an in-person installation ceremony. Club members living in Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina and the District of Columbia came together for the special ceremony. Former Governor Joanne Gallos of District 3 installed the club's Board, and District 3 Area 4 Director Bobbee Cardillo installed the Nominating Committee.
Rosa Goldsmith was installed as the incoming club president. Rosa is a former district treasurer under Joanne Gallos and has lived in North Carolina since 2015. The club has other members that live in North Carolina, New Jersey, Main and Texas. Going virtual during the COVID-19 pandemic has contributed to the club's success in retaining members that have moved outside of the D.C. metropolitan area. The virtual members continue to be active members, with some serving as committee chairs and promoting the objectives of Zonta in their new locations.
Individuals in the photo are:
- Katelyn DiBenedetto, club vice president
- Joanne Gallos, former district governor
- Diana Garcia, club treasurer
- Ramona Stoltz, outgoing club president and chair of the Nominating Committee
- Sonya Baskerville, nominating committee member
- Rosa Goldsmith, incoming club president
- Bobbee Cardillo, Area 4 director
- Martha Mitchell, board member
- Kathy Deutsch, board member